About AAC Clyde Space
AAC Clyde Space specializes in small satellite technologies and services that enable businesses, governments, and educational organizations to access high-quality, timely data from space. Its growing capabilities bring together three divisions:
- Space Data as a Service – delivering data from space directly to customers.
- Space missions – turnkey solutions that empower customers to streamline their space missions.
- Space products and components – a full range of off-the-shelf and tailor-made subsystems, components, and sensors.
AAC Clyde Space is a leading global small satellite specialist with the goal of becoming a world leader in providing high-quality and timely space data (Space Data as a Service), which can be applied to meet global challenges and improve life on Earth. To date, ~30 satellites have been designed, manufactured, and launched.
The Group’s main operations are located in Sweden, the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, South Africa, and the USA, with partner networks in Japan and South Korea.
- The Space Economy’s Next Giant Leap: USD ~350 billion global space industry could surge to USD >1 trillion by 2040; Climate change, Security concerns & Telecoms drive a boom enabled by advances in technology and more & better space data.
- Small satellites drive a paradigm shift in the space industry. Advances in technology have made small satellites much more capable and cheaper to build/launch. Increased demand for space data, advanced remote sensing, communication & navigation enables a vast range of new applications to tackle urgent global ESG challenges.
- AAC Clyde Space has three growth areas with focus on Space Data as a Service:
- Farming & Forestry: Huge potential and big user of data. High-quality optical data for farming and forestry delivered as a Space Data as a Service.
- Maritime & Energy: Data and services for the maritime sector. Developing the first satellite of future constellation to provide space-based VDES for two-way communication with the Earth’s surface together with Saab and ORBCOMM.
- Weather & Climate: Advanced sensors to improve weather predictions/monitor climate changes. Supplies the European Space Agency’s (ESA’s) Arctic Weather Satellite (AWS).